© All rights reserved.
St. Katharine Pier
About St. Katharine Pier
St. Katharine Dock was constructed in 1827 by Thomas Telford and takes its name from “St. Katharine’s by the Tower”, a medieval hospital which stood on the site. The docks officially opened in 1828.
The docks became popular with expensive cargo’s from around the world including ivory, perfumes, marble, tea, spices & rum. The docks eventually closed during the industrial revolution due to the increasing size of cargo ships.
From tomorrow Thames River Services will be operating the Winter Timetable. The last sailing will depart Westminster Pier at 15:30, St. Katharine Pier at 15:50 & Greenwich Pier at 16:30.
It’s National Afternoon Tea Week so why not indulge with an afternoon tea & a glass of Prosecco with a river view. Below are just a selection of afternoon tea’s
From tomorrow Thames River Services will be operating the Low Summer Timetable. The last sailing will depart Westminster Pier at 16:00, St. Katharine Pier at 16:20 & Greenwich Pier at